Saturday, January 1, 2011

An Inspiring Start to a New Year



My favorite way to ring in the New Year is at home, surrounded by the things and people I love, this was the scene last night in our cozy living room......




On the table was a new object brought home from my recent trip to NYC,,,I'll tell you more about this bowl and the heavenly shop that I found it in in an upcoming post!





Some beautiful roses from a Christmas Guest still fresh and in full bloom,,,a few new books I can't wait to read from front to back,,,and some sugar cones I've had for years and years...





A pair of zinc candlesticks discovered at an antique market about 7 years ago,,,and a vintage white porcelain candy dish found on ebay also about 7 years ago.  




Hopefully next year at this time the table scape will have some new memories to share and more treasures to hold.


Wishing you peace
good health
and prosperity
in the year ahead
and may you discover
the JOY
that comes from being surrounded
by the things you love.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!




All Photos:  Carol Reed

9 comments:

  1. looks so calm and serene...unlike my house! happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoyed seeing all the special pieces on your coffee table, beautiful roses... Happy New Design Year to you. Regards, Carol Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are off to a great start! Happy and healthy New Year to you.
    May your year be full of peace and joy!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful space to ring in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your living room looks sumptuous, cosy and very nurturing. Isn't it nice to surround a space with treasures that each come with a little story to their history? It makes looking around the room an absolute joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog today and I just love it! So many beautiful spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks so cozy! I'm your newest (and 100th!) follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ashley - Just when I was thinking of following myself to reach that 100 mark, you came along!! Thank you and thanks so much for following, no. 100!!!!!! Yay,,it only took a year and a half, ha ha. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...